lunes, 11 de octubre de 2010

Serial Planes

Good morning blog enthusiast and web surfers!

Ades broadcasting from the Procrastination Team head quarters, and to honor my membership from
this distinguished group I'm still haven't done my homework assigned five days ago. Hurray!. I
know what you may be thinking but there is a deeper reason behind this habit of putting
things off.

You see, I'm actually studing Industrial Design in an excelent school here at Mexico City, and
my home work is all about projects, some times I have the solution in a few hours, other times
I fell my head is about to explode. Many of my "Greatest Ideas" end up looking
little and insignificant after a few minutes of being scketched. Teachers great advice is:
"Don't worry about how your work looks, the good thing about University is that you can
make mistakes without mayor concequences that a low grade". Yeah! That work for those who worry
 for their grades, but my brain just can embrace the idea of presenting "Good" projects
that could have been "Spectacular" (just like my S.D. teacher commented about one of my
works). SO if I don't feel satisfied with the end result I just don't present it, no
scketches, no material try outs, nothing.

Anyway, last week subject was "Serial Planes". For those who doesn't know what the hell is it
I'll explain it  for you very quickly. Serial Planes stands for the arrange of... duh!...
planes one after the other with the only purpose of creating a volume, with a little
space between each plane.
Now add a transiton from concave to convex, along with an axis where the design is going to
spin and voilá.

I scketch until I could no more the first two days, but not a single one convinced me, then
the devil arrived and told me: "Bah!, all that you have draw has been made before, you can't
come up with a decent solution... look there is your guitar, I know you want to play DMB, go,
do it." And hell I did it!... what a fun afternoon I had. There I was in my bedroom playing Dave
Matthews Band songs and homework far away from my mind. Honestly I though I'll finish the
project on Saturday, "I'll push myself to think more solutions and work on the best one"...
Yeah rigth!, Saturday morning and me ready for Wagner's "Däs Reinhold" Live HD transmission
from the Met of N.Y. (Amazing by the way), got back home and watched the Drew Barrymore's
Cinderella movie, then Glee and played on my computer. At night I went to bed and I told
myself: "I'll wake up early and do my homework". "Early" was at noon, I started with
the project at nine p.m., and I didn't like any of my scketches.

Let's see what happens, 'cause I had to present it today at seven am, ja, ja, ja. Go Procrastination Team!


Please if I had any grammar errors or typos let me know.

No hay comentarios: